Dear parent of students in grades 3-12,
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are making preparations for a potential closure of school. While this closure is not imminent, it is important that everyone is as prepared as possible in the case that we have to close school. In an effort to continue student learning during a closure, Earlville CUSD 9 is instituting remote learning days for each day that school is closed. At this time events and school is continuing as regularly scheduled, however we wanted to communicate this plan in the event that we need to close school.
Here is how the day will work:
- All students in grades 3-12 will need to log into their school issued chromebooks, or other device, and check both their email and Google Classroom. Learning for the day will be communicated in one of those two ways. Assignments will be available by 9:00 am. Students should access their assignments near this 9:00 am start time if possible.
- Teachers will be available by email or Google Classroom to help you and provide feedback. They will have office hours from 9:00 to 11:00 am and from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. This means that the teachers are available by email during these times to answer your questions. Please take advantage of these times to ask questions and get feedback on your work.
- All assigned work should be completed and submitted as directed by the classroom teacher. Work will be completed and graded just as it would be for any other assignment.
- What if I don’t do the work?
- Do students have to stay on-line the entire time teachers are available?
- What if I completely lose power for the entire day, or have some other very legitimate reason for being delayed in my work?
- What if I am having technical issues with my chromebook?
The missing work will be handled just like it would be any regular day of attendance.
No! You have the flexibility to work at the times that are best for you. Just ensure that you think about when the teachers are available so that you can ask questions and get the feedback that you need. We highly recommend looking at your instructions early (they will be available by 9:00 am) so that you know the expectations for your learning that day.
Please have your parent or guardian contact the school to let us know the issue. As with any school day there are times when life circumstances interfere with attendance. When staff and students return to school, we will check for calls and allow an extended deadline if that is needed based on individual circumstances.
Please see the troubleshooting guide on the attached page
Mr. Rich Faivre, Mrs. Fruit, Mr. Thomas