Dear Earlville Families: March 2, 2020
Given the increased attention and focus on the coronavirus in the media, we wanted to share some general information with you regarding this virus. Please click on the following link from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to access information related to the coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html#situation-summary.
In addition we want to share with you the following:
- Currently, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommends schools hold classes and events as usual and follow their routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Per IDPH guidelines the best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to the virus, which are similar to the precautions you would take to avoid the flu.
- IDPH always recommends everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation and follow recommendations made to public schools by the CDC, IDPH, and the LaSalle County Health Department. The District hopes that together we can proactively work to keep all members of the school community safe and healthy.
Rich Faivre, Jenette Fruit, Brent Thomas